Wednesday 11 November 2009

Carrie!

When I saw Carrie, i was very young. It wasn't till I was 12 that I fully understood the dialogue. Piper Laurie turned in an Oscar nominated performance. She lost. It was at this time in my I realised that there was no God. Piper's monologue about giving in to sin and getting pawed by her husband with that "whiskey road house breath" , the brownest of the fine brown spirits. Smooth, dark, Tennessee... whoops where was I. Oh yeah, she liked it. I mean who doesn't, us drunk sluts need to stick together. Carrie is a classic in more ways than one. This movie defined a generation and set the bar for all evil whores in high school to get there comeuppance. All girl rock band Stone Fox named their first album Dirty Pillows, which was genius. Come to think about it is't been a while since I've been pawed by roadhouse whiskey breath, I need a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment